THE -SOLD OUT- FULL GAS SPRINT ENDURO is coming to Baja on December 5, 2015.
The Directions document posted yesterday had a couple of typos regarding the event itself (left over from a prior race). To correct those, and in response to a couple questions we received (thanks Grant), please see the following link that covers things in more detail and has the most current information on how we will run the event: 2015 Rider Information Sheet.
No pre-running before the event. For directions on how to get there click here: 2015 Directions.
THE SPRINT ENDURO IS SOLD OUT!
We have reached our 240 rider limit and entries are now officially CLOSED. Sorry if you had visions of participating and did not get in, but to keep the quality and integrity of the event we just had to control the entry numbers.
Any entries and fees received after the 240 will be returned to you.
Thanks for your overwhelming support for this event. Hopefully we can reward your confidence with a top notch race in a format we have never attempted.
· The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document states: "Within each class, starting order is determined by postmark/receipt date/time of the entry form."
· Click here for the: 2015 Sprint Enduro Flyer.
· The annual Los Ancianos race this year will be a fun new format for all off roaders.
· What is it?
· "World Enduro-style special test racing on fun, flowing grass track and wide, groomed trails. No time keeping, no transfer sections, just wide open racing".
· This is the generic description, but of course our event will have a few added features to give it that special Baja and Los Ancianos feeling. Basically each rider will be racing against the clock, sort of like the Baja 500, except you will be on a short loop one rider starting every minute or so. Multiple loops with a break in between so you can race all out, rest and recover, then race the next loop. Lots of details need to be worked out, but the Ancianos are excited about this new format which should be more fun for racers and spectators.
· Google it to see what they are doing back east in the U.S. and in Europe with this format.
The 2014 Los Ancianos Competition was on Saturday, December 6th.
· For more info, go to the 2014 Tecate Enduro Webpage.
Off-Road Legend Ron Bishop has passed away.
· We lost one of the epic long distance off-road motorcycle racers. Ron Bishop passed away peacefully in his sleep the evening of 9/19/2014.
· A Memorial Bench Racing Fiesta for Ron Bishop was held on 10/4/14 in Escondido, CA. Click here for a writeup provided by Dick Hansen.
Los Ancianos Contribute to Baja Relief
· On 9/30/14, Los Ancianos MC donated $650 in relief supplies after the damaging effects of Hurricane Odile that cut a destructive path up most of the Baja Peninsula.
· This includes canned meats, beans, rice, water, TP, personal and home cleaning products, and even chocolate milk for the kids.
· Vildosola trucking (Logistica Mexicana) was one of the main leaders of the effort and they used their semi trucks and importing knowledge to get relief materials through customs. Their semis carried the relief supplies down to distribution points in the South. Ryan Arciero was at the Mastercraft warehouse where we dropped of the supplies. Mastercraft helped by putting things on pallets and getting them to Vildosola's US headquarters in the Miramar area. Ryan and numerous other offroaders created a network of dropoff points as well as doing the final distribution to outlying communities. There were Arciero trucks and Mastercraft trucks at the warehouse when we were there getting ready for another run down South in a long and twisty path. We absolutely love, and it gives us goosebumps, to realize there was this incredible distribution network ala "UPS" of offroad enthusiasts putting their time and money where their heart is! For more information or to contribute to this great effort, click here: BajaStrong Facebook.
The 2nd Annual Los Ancianos Cruz Roja Ride on 6/14/14 was Spectacular.
· Full 60 miles of singletrack fun, with plenty of bailouts and with some hard-easy splits.
· The course began with East Coast-styled trail too tight to photograph, and then opened up as the day got warmer.
· The toughest riders kept to the hard splits, and did not stop for water at the Club's designated watering stops (they just wanted to ride).
· Proceeds benefitted the Jacume Elementary, and the Tecate Cruz Roja (Red Cross).
· Everyone who participated in this event in any way should feel proud to have contributed to great causes. Thank you!
· Click here for Reed Haberer's: Pictures.
· The 2014 Cruz Roja Ride is also known as the "The 2nd Anual Run to the Border Trail Ride."
The Compadre Ride was Held on 4/26/2014.
· The club held the ride in Memory of our beloved rancher friend Prieta.
· Prieta smiled down on us.
· To quote a great rider: "It rained like mad Friday night. So instead of deep silty dust we had super traction and zero dust all day. Even rained a bit during the ride. One of those magic rides, gotta love it.... Thanks to the Los Ancianos for a truly great ride."
The 2013 Los Ancianos Competition was on Saturday, December 7th.
· For more info, go to the Competition History Webpage.
· He was a great racer, leader, and will be missed.
· Our thoughts are with Kurt and his family.
The Ramona Memorial Ride was Held on 9/14/2013.
· The club held the ride in Memory of Baja Legend Ramona Ledezma.
· Included a stop at Rancho el Compadre, and camping at the Sawmill.
Public Benefit Ride for Tecate Red Cross on 6/15/13 Goes on Record Books!
· Singletrack Fun Day with Los Ancianos June 15.
· The course was well marked.
· After the ride – Fish Tacos, crazy watermellon, and cervezas all around.
· Benefits - to Cruz Roja (Red Cross) Tecate.
· Primitive camping was free on gated private ranch with full separate bathrooms for men, and women.
· Thanks to all that made the ride possible and turned it into a huge success!
· Pics below are courtesy of Reed Haberer. For more of Reed's event pics, click here: Full Album.
Our 4/27/13 trailride took on extra meaning as we were raising funds to help our friend (& El Compadre ranch owner) Prieta battle cancer.
Lots of Club Events are Planned for 2013
· If interested, contact your clubmember friend. Wait, you do not know any clubmembers but have a deep burning passion for what the club stands for, plus you love to do trailwork over weeks at a time? Reach out with a friendly email and let us know.
The 2012 Tecate HareScrambles Saw Lots of Racers in Action.
"First Annual" Filanc Ranch Ride is a Success.
· Thanks go out to Jim Filanc for hosting a super ride on his ranch during the weekend of 3/10/12.
· Clubmembers helped raise $500.00 for the El Oasis orphanage in Valley Trinidad through the Malcolm Smith Motorsports Foundation.
· Friday camp out and fire, Saturday rides, showers, Daytona Supercross, Sunday rides, and all with great cooks, and hosts to boot!
Remembering the 2010 Tecate Enduro.
· Took place on December 4th, 2010.
· Commemorated the club's 50th anniversary.
· Please go to the Enduro Webpage for related media, links, and results.
Start of 2010 Tecate Enduro
Massimo Sasso (11), Robert Nantista (12), Tim Daily (13), and Cyril Poissonnet (14)
(Click the picture above to go to the Tecate Enduro Webpage)
1960-2010 Golden Anniversary Events
· Los Ancianos displayed at the San Diego Automotive Museum in Balboa Park through the week of January 24th, 2011.
· The museum kickoff fiesta on 10/16/2010 was a great event.
· The display included antiquities and memoriabilia from the past 50 years.
· The museum has 35 motorcycles on permanent display.
· Weekly meetings, extensive planning, and lots of hard work took place since 2009, ensuring the exhibit was unique, top quality, and quite memorable.
Club Members at the 2010 ISDE in Morelia
(Click the picture above for an ISDE action video)
Slideshow of Previous Competitors
For additional info, email the club at email@example.com, or, call during work hours and ask for Jerry at 619-281-1400.