· The next Los Ancianos competition will be an Enduro and it is scheduled for Saturday, December 6th, 2014. For more info, go to the Enduro Webpage.
The 2nd Annual Los Ancianos Cruz Roja Ride on 6/14/14 was Spectacular.
· Full 60 miles of singletrack fun, with plenty of bailouts and with some hard-easy splits.
· The course began with East Coast-styled trail too tight to photograph, and then opened up as the day got warmer.
· The toughest riders kept to the hard splits, and did not stop for water at the Club's designated watering stops (they just wanted to ride).
· Proceeds benefitted the Jacume Elementary, and the Tecate Cruz Roja (Red Cross).
· Everyone who participated in this event in any way should feel proud to have contributed to great causes. Thank you!
· Click here for Reed Haberer's: Pictures.
· The 2014 Cruz Roja Ride is also known as the "The 2nd Anual Run to the Border Trail Ride."
The Compadre Ride was Held on 4/26/2014.
· The club held the ride in Memory of our beloved rancher friend Prieta.
· Prieta smiled down on us.
· To quote a great rider: "It rained like mad Friday night. So instead of deep silty dust we had super traction and zero dust all day. Even rained a bit during the ride. One of those magic rides, gotta love it.... Thanks to the Los Ancianos for a truly great ride."
The 2013 Los Ancianos Competition was on Saturday, December 7th.
· For more info, go to the Competition History Webpage.
· He was a great racer, leader, and will be missed.
· Our thoughts are with Kurt and his family.
The Ramona Memorial Ride was Held on 9/14/2013.
· The club held the ride in Memory of Baja Legend Ramona Ledezma.
· Included a stop at Rancho el Compadre, and camping at the Sawmill.
Clubride Proceeds Go to the Cruz Roja and Jacume School.
· Thank you to all who made the contribution possible (Please see the Cruz Roja ride acknowledgements below)!
Public Benefit Ride for Tecate Red Cross on 6/15/13 Goes on Record Books!
· Singletrack Fun Day with Los Ancianos June 15.
· The course was well marked.
· After the ride – Fish Tacos, crazy watermellon, and cervezas all around.
· Benefits - to Cruz Roja (Red Cross) Tecate.
· Primitive camping was free on gated private ranch with full separate bathrooms for men, and women.
· Thanks to all that made the ride possible and turned it into a huge success!
· Pics below are courtesy of Reed Haberer. For more of Reed's event pics, click here: Full Album.
Our 4/27/13 trailride took on extra meaning as we were raising funds to help our friend (& El Compadre ranch owner) Prieta battle cancer.
Lots of Club Events are Planned for 2013
· If interested, contact your clubmember friend. Wait, you do not know any clubmembers but have a deep burning passion for what the club stands for, plus you love to do trailwork over weeks at a time? Reach out with a friendly email and let us know.
The 2012 Tecate HareScrambles Saw Lots of Racers in Action.
"First Annual" Filanc Ranch Ride is a Success.
· Thanks go out to Jim Filanc for hosting a super ride on his ranch during the weekend of 3/10/12.
· Clubmembers helped raise $500.00 for the El Oasis orphanage in Valley Trinidad through the Malcolm Smith Motorsports Foundation.
· Friday camp out and fire, Saturday rides, showers, Daytona Supercross, Sunday rides, and all with great cooks, and hosts to boot!
Remembering the 2010 Tecate Enduro.
· Took place on December 4th, 2010.
· Commemorated the club's 50th anniversary.
· Please go to the Enduro Webpage for related media, links, and results.
Start of 2010 Tecate Enduro
Massimo Sasso (11), Robert Nantista (12), Tim Daily (13), and Cyril Poissonnet (14)
(Click the picture above to go to the Tecate Enduro Webpage)
1960-2010 Golden Anniversary Events
· Los Ancianos displayed at the San Diego Automotive Museum in Balboa Park through the week of January 24th, 2011.
· The museum kickoff fiesta on 10/16/2010 was a great event.
· The display included antiquities and memoriabilia from the past 50 years.
· The museum has 35 motorcycles on permanent display.
· Weekly meetings, extensive planning, and lots of hard work took place since 2009, ensuring the exhibit was unique, top quality, and quite memorable.
Club Members at the 2010 ISDE in Morelia
(Click the picture above for an ISDE action video)
Slideshow of Previous Competitors
For additional info, email the club at email@example.com, or, call during work hours and ask for Jerry at 619-281-1400.